A Seven Point Checklist for Selecting a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assembly Manufacturer
Inch. Location: Choosing a contract manufacturer that’s within a drivable distance in the business gives you more flexibility and agility to accommodate changing requirements specially when a deadline is forthcoming. Even a PCB assembly firm that is on your regional area additionally is significantly more suitable when site surveys have to be conducted so when a lack of components and materials does occur.
2. Do they have outdated or new pcb manufacturers in usa equipment? Assessing their maintenance logs can supply you with the confidence that the business is serious about quality. This builds trust in the business partnership.
3. Assembly Staff Certifications: To make sure the PCB contract assembler may complete your production conduct using program necessitates not merely well maintained equipment, but also a certified staff of assembly technicians. So, examine the certificate and training records of their meeting team. Ensure they’ve obtained the technical credentials to allow them to perform their assigned tasks. For those staff members who are not certified, check out their advancement in the certification procedure.
4. Quality Systems: Does the meeting company have a quality system in place such as ISO 9001:2008? This is supposed to be the minimum certification achieved by the company to ensure they are able to deliver a quality product. When it has another top quality system in place, is the company now certified by a qualified registrar? Finally, do the PCB assembly company accept purchase becoming certified for the exact same excellent system for the company? By doing that, this means that the company is devoted to a longterm business model with you.
5. Shipping Deadlines: The ability to meet shipment deadlines is an essential metric for you to learn whether your contract manufacturer has the capacity, resources and personnel to fulfill your company requirements. When possible, obtain records from the PCB manufacturer regarding their ability to meet deadlines. Obtain a detailed knowledge of who is fabricating the PCBs and where they are produced.
6. Parts Procurement: Conduct a review of their procurement department. Can they assert a decent in-house inventory? Are their vendors regional, local, or geographically diverse and precisely what is the character of those vendor relationships? Will be the relationships close enough that cost discounts can easily be passed to youpersonally? How does their procurement department deal with hard-to-fine or obsolete pieces? Can they have procurement specialists who have expertise in sourcing substitute parts for obsolete pieces? Would they take your schematics/drawings and produce a Bill of Materials with minimal if any assistance by you?
7. Economical Pricing: Since labor rates vary, you should get an itemized breakdown of the whole price of manufacturing. Verify what is comprised in the manufacturing costs. Then you definitely ought to conduct a cost comparison study to find out whether their costs have been commensurate with the industry average and their competitors. Ensure you have and accurate contrast of most costs and also the bottomline price.
By using the 7-point checklist above, you are able to accurately determine if a certain PCB Assembly House can be actually a good fit for your organization and PCB meeting requirements.